[Numpy-discussion] chebyshev polynomials

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Sep 24 14:31:01 CDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 14:18, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:

> As a side note, should the cheby* versions of `polyval`, `polymul` etc.
> just be dropped to reduce namespace clutter? You can do the same things
> already within just class methods and arithmetic.

Just to clarify, you mean having classmethods that work on plain
arrays of Chebyshev coefficients? I'm +1 on that. I'm -1 on only
having a ChebyPoly class with instance methods, although it would be
useful to have as an adjunct to the plain routines.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco