[Numpy-discussion] F2PY error : ... on platform 'posix' with 'gcc' compiler

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Sep 25 10:24:19 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:19, Arthur Bousquet <arthbous@indiana.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a Mac with snow leopard 10.6. I compiled Python2.6.2, numpy1.3 and
> matplotlib from the sources.
> I tried to compiled a library (named libsw), that I have made in fortran,
> with f2py but I got the following error :
> running build_ext
> error: don't know how to compile C/C++ code on platform 'posix' with 'gcc'
> compiler
> make[1]: *** [libsw] Error 1
> make: *** [libsw] Error 2
> Noteworthy, my library is correct because I can compile it with f2py on my
> Ubuntu desktop.
> Does anyone knows where this error comes from ?

Did you use --compiler=gcc? That is not one of the options. Please
show the exact command line you used and any configuration files.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco