[Numpy-discussion] F2PY error : ... on platform 'posix' with 'gcc' compiler

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Sep 25 12:51:37 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:35, Arthur Bousquet <arthbous@indiana.edu> wrote:
> Thank you. So here the command :
> Arths-MacBook-Pro:~ arthbous$ grep isysroot
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/lib/python2.6/config/Makefile
> BASECFLAGS=    -arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot
> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk  -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -fno-common
> -dynamic
> LDFLAGS=    -arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
>             -isysroot "${UNIVERSALSDK}" \
> But I have 2 pythons installed, the 2.6.1 from xcode of apple and the one I
> compiled myselft 2.6.2 in /usr/local/. Which one is in this Library ?

Not the latter. I think you may be confused about the former. I don't
believe that Python comes from Xcode. The one from OS X is in
/System/Library/Frameworks/.... This one looks like a third one
installed from some other source, like binaries from www.python.org.

Exactly which python executable is f2py using? Check the first line in
the f2py2.6 script.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco