[Numpy-discussion] install problems

Antoine Pairet lists@pairet...
Sat Apr 3 10:52:16 CDT 2010

Hi all!

I am trying to install numpy on a computer which runs Linux and on which
I have no root access. The only possibility is therefore to compile
numpy from source. With the following command, the compilation seems to
work fine:

python setup.py install --prefix=/home/pcpm/pairet/pythonModules/numpy

However, every time I try to use numpy in a python script I have the
following error:
     from numpy import *
ImportError: No module named numpy

I did add the following line to my .bashrc file:

I am a bit puzzled with the fact that there is no file called numpy.py.

What should I do to get numpy working on this machine?
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks in adavance,