[Numpy-discussion] SciPy 2010 News: Specialized track deadline extended

Amenity Applewhite amenity@enthought....
Tue Apr 13 15:30:46 CDT 2010

Have you been meaning to prepare an abstract to submit for a SciPy 2010
specialized track (http://conference.scipy.org/scipy2010/papers.html#tracks
Didn't find the time? Well you're in luck.
This weekend, we had technical issues with the email submissions for the
specialized tracks. In light of the inconvenience, we've decided to
the deadline an additional two weeks until Sunday, April 25th.

If you have an abstract ready for one of the four specialized tracks,
use the links below to submit it to the program chair. If you previously
submitted one and didn't receive confirmation that we received it, it
be a great idea to submit it again to ensure we get it.

   * Biomedical/bioinformatics chaired by Glen Otero, Dell
     submit/contact: 2010bioinformatics@scipy.org

   * Financial analysis chaired by Wes McKinney, AQR Capital Management
     submit/contact: 2010finance@scipy.org

   * Geophysics chaired by Alan Jackson, Shell
     submit/contact: 2010geophysics@scipy.org

   * Parallel processing & cloud computing co-chaired by Ken Elkabany,
     PiCloud & Brian Granger, CalPoly
     submit/contact: 2010parallel@scipy.org

Main Conference Submissions
Submissions for the main SciPy 2010 conference closed Sunday. Thanks to
everyone who submitted. We'll announce the accepted talks Tuesday April

Student Sponsorships
If you're an academic and contribute to SciPy or related projects,
make sure
to apply for one of our student sponsorships. The deadline to apply is
April 18th. We are also accepting nominations.

Don't forget to register...
Registrations are coming in pretty steadily now. Remember that to get
registration prices you need to [8]register before May 10th!

The SciPy 2010 Team
@SciPy2010 on Twitter

Amenity Applewhite
Enthought, Inc.