[Numpy-discussion] scipy error undefined symbol: lsame_

gerardob gberbeglia@gmail....
Mon Apr 19 12:32:51 CDT 2010

I installed scipy (and all the required libraries) and the following error
appears when i tried run a simple example which uses the optimize package of
scipy. I tried also numpy alone and it works ( at least for printing

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main_test.py", line 2, in <module>
    from scipy import optimize
line 11, in <module>
    from lbfgsb import fmin_l_bfgs_b
line 30, in <module>
    import _lbfgsb
undefined symbol: lsame_

Any ideas on how to solve this problem? Thanks.

PS: the example is below:

import numpy
from scipy import optimize

a = numpy.array([10,20,10])
print a

def f_(x):
        return x*x

x,f,d = optimize.fmin_l_bfgs_b(f_,[0.1],fprime=None, approx_grad = True,
bounds = [(-10000,10000)], iprint=30, maxfun=150000)
Sent from the Numpy-discussion mailing list archive at Nabble.com.