[Numpy-discussion] Building f2py extensions on AMD64 with Python 2.7 Numpy 1.5, MSVC 2008 Pro and gfortran

Eric Firing efiring@hawaii....
Mon Aug 16 13:56:40 CDT 2010

On 08/16/2010 07:36 AM, Sturla Molden wrote:
>> Sturla,
>> Have you tried the Equation Solution versions of the gcc tools?
>> http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=fortran
>> Eric
> It does not matter which mingw-w64 build we use. The import libraries will
> still be missing, and the issies with libgfortran are still there. Also,
> AVG and McAfee warns about a trojan in the installers from equation.com. I

Here is the rebuttal from Equation Solution:

By the way, thank you for working on python-dev toward a solution to the
problem of building extensions for Win using free compilers.