[Numpy-discussion] longdouble (float96) literals

Wed Aug 18 09:36:15 CDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Colin Macdonald

> On 08/18/10 15:14, Charles R Harris wrote:
> > However, the various constants supplied by numpy, pi and such, are
> > full precision.
> no, they are not.  My example demonstrated that numpy.pi is only
> double precision.
Hmm, the full precision values are available internally but it looks like
they aren't available to the public. I wonder what the easiest way to
provide them would be? Maybe they should be long double types by default?