[Numpy-discussion] Github migration?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Mon Aug 30 16:08:20 CDT 2010

Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:15:55 +0000, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> in the history to have the wrong content -- so to be sure, we have to do
> a brute-force comparison of the tree against SVN for each commit. The
> particular bug here was fixed in the conversion tool, but better safe
> than sorry.

Also this is now done. The repository at

is essentially fine.

You can grab it via

	git clone git://github.com/numpy/numpy_svn_test4.git

The deleted SVN branches can also be obtained:

	git fetch origin refs/svn/*:refs/remotes/svn/*

They are not pulled by default.

svn-all-fast-export still has some bugs, so revisions that in SVN are
r2478, r2491, r2534, r2602, r2603, r4113, r4179, r4180 contain the wrong
tree in Git. The errors are

- Wrong branch point for branches/arraykit (an abandoned and deleted
  branch that was never merged back to trunk)

- The commits r4113, r4179, r4180 contain changes in wrong order
  (the subsequent commits are OK).

I'd be willing just to ignore these. Such small errors should not matter.

So as far as I see, we would be ready to go with this.