[Numpy-discussion] The power of strides - Combinations

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Dec 6 21:58:12 CST 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 21:51, Benjamin Root <ben.root@ou.edu> wrote:
> On Monday, December 6, 2010, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 20:18, Mario Moura <moura.mario@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Folks
>>> Is it possible some example how deal with strides with combinations, let see:
>> No, sorry. It is not possible to generate combinations just using strides.
> Just wondering, would using ogrid[] in numpy help the OP?

No. The limitations of the stride mechanisms apply with ogrid just the
same. Generating combinations is not regular enough.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco