[Numpy-discussion] Emulate left outer join?

John Hunter jdh2358@gmail....
Tue Feb 9 16:49:30 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>> numpy.lib.recfunctions.join_by(key, r1, r2, jointype='leftouter')
> And if that isn't sufficient, John has in matplotlib.mlab a few other
> similar utilities that allow for more complex cases:

The numpy.lib.recfunctions were ported from matplotlib.mlab so most of
the functionality is overlapping, but we have added some stuff since
the port, eg matplotlib.mlab.recs_join for a multiway join, and some
stuff was never ported (rec_summarize, rec_groupby) so it may be worth
looking in mlab too.  Some of the stuff for mpl is only in svn but
most of it is released.

Examples are at