[Numpy-discussion] numpy.polynomial.chebyshev (not) in the docs

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Tue Feb 9 20:30:12 CST 2010

Are you talking about absence in the Wiki or absence in a NumPy executable.
They're in the former (I've been editing them), and they're in 1.4.0 of the

>>> import numpy as N
>>> N.version.version
>>> from numpy.polynomial import chebyshev as C
>>> help(C.chebfit)
Help on function chebfit in module numpy.polynomial.chebyshev:

chebfit(x, y, deg, rcond=None, full=False)
    Least squares fit of Chebyshev series to data.

    Fit a Chebyshev series ``p(x) = p[0] * T_{deq}(x) + ... + p[deg] *
    T_{0}(x)`` of degree `deg` to points `(x, y)`. Returns a vector of
    coefficients `p` that minimises the squared error.

    x : array_like, shape (M,)
        x-coordinates of the M sample points ``(x[i], y[i])``.
    y : array_like, shape (M,) or (M, K)
        y-coordinates of the sample points. Several data sets of sample
        points sharing the same x-coordinates can be fitted at once by
        passing in a 2D-array that contains one dataset per column.

 What version of NumPy are you running?