[Numpy-discussion] Re ading scientific notation using D instead of E

Robert C. ricitron@mac....
Fri Feb 12 09:46:54 CST 2010

I am trying to read a large amount of data that is output in scientific
notation using D instead of E. After searching around I found a thread that
implied numpy already has the capability to do this:

However, this does not work for me. I get:

>>> numpy.float('1.23D+04')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 1.23D+04

Was this capability lost in more recent versions of numpy?

I would rather not have to do a search and replace every time I read in

Sent from the Numpy-discussion mailing list archive at Nabble.com.