[Numpy-discussion] Updating Packages in 2.5 (win/numpy) and Related Matters

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Thu Feb 18 00:00:40 CST 2010

>On 18 February 2010 05:30, Wayne Watson <sierra_mtnview@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> On 2/16/2010 10:01 PM, Scott Sinclair wrote:
>> Wayne - The DeprecationWarnings are being raised by SciPy, not by your
>> code. You probably don't have a recent version of SciPy installed. The
>> most recent release of SciPy is 0.7.1 and works with NumPy 1.3.0. I
>> don't think you will see the warnings if you upgrade SciPy and NumPy
>> on your system.
>> Check your NumPy and SciPy versions at a python prompt as follows:
>> You will need to completely remove the old versions if you choose to
>> upgrade. You should be able to do this from "Add/Remove Programs".
> I'm on win7's Add/Remove numpy. No scipy. I just checked the version via
> import and it's 0.6.0.

You can download the latest NumPy and SciPy installers from:

You want the win32-superpack for your Python version.

Use "Add/Remove" to remove your current NumPy install (if your version
is not already 1.3.0). I'm not sure how SciPy was installed and why it
doesn't appear in "Add/Remove". You should look in
C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages for directories named numpy or scipy
(numpy should have been removed already). It is safe to delete

Then run the superpack installers and you should be good to go. Good luck.