[Numpy-discussion] numpy1.4 dtype issues: scipy.stats & pytables

denis denis-bz-py@t-online...
Wed Jan 13 04:47:22 CST 2010

On 12/01/2010 17:41, Robert Kern wrote:

> It's not a bug, but it is a known issue. We tried very hard to keep
> numpy 1.4 binary compatible; however, Pyrex and Cython impose
> additional runtime checks above and beyond binary compatibility.

Robert, Josef,
   are you saying that mac users shouldn't expect
to "just work" together, download and go ?
If not, then the download pages should clearly say "... may not work with ..."
(If they weren't tested together, that's imho a problem in the process;
I realize that testing is hard work, no glory.)

   -- denis