[Numpy-discussion] Distutils issue? [migrated]

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Jan 29 18:25:09 CST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 18:18, Tom Davis <tom@recursivedream.com> wrote:
> [This thread has been migrated from distutils-sig until such a time that it
> can be determined if this is a distutils or numpy issue]
> A quick recap: Basically, trying to
> fix http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/999 along with some duplicates
> thereof. Robert made some changes to get us past the initial missing lists
> in 8080 and 8081; now things have gotten crazy.
> ``export CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/python2.5"`` fixed the missing header issue.
> I've attached the resulting dump with the patched debug output; I wasn't
> able to make a lot of sense out of it. At over 2400 lines, it's a bit
> lengthy.

Don't use CFLAGS. Please show the dump without that flag. Also, please
show me the command line(s) that you are using to try to install

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco