[Numpy-discussion] numpy on windows 64 bit

Robin robince@gmail....
Mon Jul 5 06:19:20 CDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 12:09 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> Short of saying what those failures are, we can't help you,

Thanks for reply... Somehow my message got truncated - I had written
more detail about the errors!

>> I noticed that on windows sys.maxint is the 32bit value (2147483647
> This is not surprising: sys.maxint gives you the max value of a long,
> which is 32 bits even on 64 bits on windows.

I just got to figuring this out... But it makes some problems. The
main one I'm having is that I assume because of this problem array
shapes are longs instead of ints (ie x.shape[0] is a long).

This breaks np.random.permutation(x.shape[1]) which I use all over the
place (I opened a ticket for this, #1535). Something I asked in the
previous mail that got lost is what is the best cross platform way of
doing this?

Actually that and the problems with scipy.sparse (spsolve doesn't
work) cover all of the errors I'm seeing... (I detailed those in a
seperate mail to the scipy list).