[Numpy-discussion] BOF notes: Fernando's proposal: NumPy ndarray with named axes

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Jul 7 16:42:45 CDT 2010

Sorry to be super-brief, I've been offline for days and only have a
brief window of access for now.

Many thanks to Jonathan for the summary!

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Skipper Seabold <jsseabold@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think what Josh said is right.  However, we proposed having all of
> the new labeled axis access pushed to a .aix (or whatever) method, so
> as to avoid any confusion, as the original object can be accessed just
> as an ndarray.  I'm not sure where this leaves us vis-a-vis ints as
> ticks.

I think we agreed that once we have a separate
.whatever[labeled_indexing] accessor so that there is no ambiguity
with integer indexing on the main object, then integer ticks would be
OK.  Multiple people expressed valid use cases for them.