[Numpy-discussion] BOF notes: Fernando's proposal: NumPy ndarray with named axes

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Thu Jul 8 22:15:34 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Lluís <xscript@gmx.net> wrote:
> Another reason to have multiple variables, is that the insertion of NaNs to
> maintain shape homogeneity will make these "synthetic" NaNs undistinguishable
> from other NaNs that might be on your original input data, unless you use a
> masked array or something similar to distinguish them.

I've often wondered why there isn't an explicit type for missing
values.  Something like what Stata has

It seems like this could be implemented in a pretty straightforward
and costless way, though it's unclear to me how right now.