[Numpy-discussion] HOWTO build NumPy without external math libs

Tue Jul 13 15:05:48 CDT 2010

Robert Kern wrote:
>> I don't believe that there are any such options, but is there a particular
>> reason why you *don't* want to use such external libs if you have them?  I
>> don't think anyone has considered a use-case where one would want to ignore
>> such libraries.
> Building redistributable binaries.

indeed -- and it is quite possible.

It looks like things have changed since I last did it, but take a look
at setup.cfg.example, you should be able to figure it out.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax