[Numpy-discussion] Crosstabulation

Ionut Sandric sandricionut@yahoo....
Wed Jul 14 16:01:36 CDT 2010

Thank you Zack:

By raster data I mean classified slope gradient (derived from a dem), landuse-landcover, lithology etc. A crosstabulation analysis will give me a table with the common areas for each class from each raster and this will go into other analysis. I can do it with other softwares (like ArcGIS DEsktop etc), but I would like to have all with numpy or to build something on top of numpy

Thanks's again

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zachary Pincus" <zachary.pincus@yale.edu>
To: "Discussion of Numerical Python" <numpy-discussion@scipy.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 9:42:49 PM GMT +02:00 Athens, Beirut, Bucharest, Istanbul
Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] Crosstabulation

Hi Ionut,

Check out the "tabular" package:

It seems to be basically what you want... it does "pivot tables" (aka
crosstabulation), it's built on top of numpy, and has simple data IO

Also check out this discussion on "pivot tables" from the numpy list a
while ago:

One question -- what do you mean by "raster data"? In my arena, that
usually means "images"... and I'm not sure what a crosstabulation on
image data would mean!