[Numpy-discussion] isinf raises in inf

John Hunter jdh2358@gmail....
Thu Jul 15 19:42:45 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:11 PM, John Hunter <jdh2358@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Eric Firing <efiring@hawaii.edu> wrote:
>> > Is it certain that the Solaris compiler lacks isinf?  Is it possible
>> > that it has it, but it is not being detected?
>> Just to clarify, I'm not using the sun compiler, but gcc-3.4.3 on solaris
>> x86
> Might be related to this thread.  What version of numpy are you using?

svn HEAD (2.0.0.dev8480)

After reading the thread you suggested, I tried forcing the

flag to be set, but this is apparently a bad idea for my platform...

  File "/home/titan/johnh/dev/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/core/__init__.py",
line 5, in ?
    import multiarray
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
symbol isfinite: referenced symbol not found

so while I think my bug is related to that thread, I don't see
anything in that thread to help me fix my problem.  Or am I missing