[Numpy-discussion] update on the transition to git/github

Friedrich Romstedt friedrichromstedt@gmail....
Sat Jul 17 11:32:54 CDT 2010

2010/7/14 Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com>:
> One thing that we need to be clear about is handling line endings in text,
> i.e., linefeeds only. I have read tales of folks on windows finding many of
> their files showing up as modified on that account. There are ways to deal
> with it -- the details escape me at the moment -- but we need instructions
> on setting up git on windows so there aren't any problems.

I attach the corresponding configuration dialog of the installation
routine of msysgit with installer name Git-

>From the installer window, it seems that maybe core.autocrlf can be
configured manually after installation?

I can provide test-user support, since I do not use my Windows 7 VM
for development.  I have a github account.

I don't know if one of the tales is by me, I encountered this
"marked-as-modified" issue when I switched from Windows to Mac.  For
this case, it can be resolved by a git reset --hard before commiting
further changes.  It occured because my working-tree files had dos
line endings, but LF endings in the repo.