[Numpy-discussion] Problem with importing numpy in Ubuntu

Tue Jul 27 09:16:23 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Robert Faryabi <robert.faryabi@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am new to numpy. Hopefully this is a correct forum to post my question.
> I have Ubuntu Luci system. I installed Python 2.6.5 and Python 3.0 as well
> as python-numpy using Ubuntu repository.
> When I import the numpy into python, I get the following error.
> >> import numpy
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named numpy
> The package cannot be located.
> Then I tried to point the interpreter to the numpy
> python2.6/dist-packages')
I use an install.pth file

$charris@ubuntu ~$ cat ~/.local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/install.pth

You will need to create the .local directory and its subdirectories. Don't
use Python 3.0, use 3.1 or greater if you want to experiment.