[Numpy-discussion] Is there anyway to read raw binary file via pytable?

脑关(BrainGateway)生命科学仪器 braingateway@gmail....
Wed Jul 28 11:05:11 CDT 2010

it seems like pytable only support HDF5. I had some 500GB numerical arrays
to process. Pytable claims to have some advance feature to enhance
processing speed and largely reduce physical memory requirement. However, I
do not wanna touch the raw data I had. Simply because I do not have doubled
diskspace to covert all 10TB data into HDF5. Is there any way to let pytable
read raw binary files or alternatively to package raw files into HDF5 format
without change the files themselves.?

Brain Gateway