[Numpy-discussion] additions to random: innovative names vs. algorithm specification

Alan G Isaac alan.isaac@gmail....
Thu Jul 29 16:03:57 CDT 2010

On 7/29/2010 4:37 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
> this MATLAB API is deprecated

The old API has been replaced by a constructor that still takes a
string literal argument to determine the PRNG algorithm.
See the bottom of
This approach would match my suggestion.  Even an module approach would
match my suggestion (one module per underlying PRNG algorithm).  I just
think it will pay off to avoid simply multiplying function names
(e.g., introducing znormal this year, and whatever new name next year).