[Numpy-discussion] Is there really a moderator that reviews posts?

PostMaster postmaster@enthought....
Mon Jun 7 16:04:17 CDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 14:32,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Vincent Davis <vincent@vincentdavis.net> wrote:
>> I just tried a post and got this. Should I repost without the long
>> section of the terminal output I pasted in ?
>> Your mail to 'NumPy-Discussion' with the subject
>>   Installing numpy from source on py 3.1.2, osx
>> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
>> The reason it is being held:
>>   Message body is too big: 72148 bytes with a limit of 40 KB
>> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
>> notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
>> this posting, please visit the following URL:

> There is no moderator, and, I think, messages that are held because
> they are too large are in permanent limbo. The only way to get through
> is with smaller messages, maybe paste it somewhere.

Not only is there a moderator,
the moderator is also subscribed to the list,
and that moderator is ...
... {oh, i see, it's a drum-roll.}
... {seriously?}
... {oh, yeah, great use of everyone's time.}
... {great. i said drum-roll, and now i want sushi.}

I also bumped up the archaically small message size limit a bit.