[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] NLopt, a nonlinear optimization library

Sebastian Haase seb.haase@gmail....
Thu Jun 17 02:34:05 CDT 2010

Hi Steven,

this sounds like the library I was looking for.
Would you mind reading my post
[SciPy-User] Global Curve Fitting of 2 functions to 2 sets of	data-curves
I got many interesting answers, where apparently the agreement was to
"just write a proper error-function".
Regarding constraints, the suggestion was to "manually" substitute my
variables with combinations of exp()-expressions that would implicitly
take care of the  r_i>0 and 0<A_j<1 constraints.
Question: Does NLopt allow to do those optimizations in a more direct,
less "manual" and still easy-to-use way ?

Sebastian Haase