[Numpy-discussion] List with numpy semantics

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus@rath....
Tue Nov 2 21:02:17 CDT 2010

Gerrit Holl <gerrit.holl@gmail.com> writes:
> On 31 October 2010 17:10, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have a couple of numpy arrays which belong together. Unfortunately
>> they have different dimensions, so I can't bundle them into a higher
>> dimensional array.
>> My solution was to put them into a Python list instead. But
>> unfortunately this makes it impossible to use any ufuncs.
>> Has someone else encountered a similar problem and found a nice
>> solution? Something like a numpy list maybe?
> You could try a record array with a clever dtype, maybe?

It seems that this requires more cleverness than I have... Could you
give me an example? How do I replace l in the following code with a
record array?

l = list()

for i in range(len(l)):
   l[i] += 32