[Numpy-discussion] ndarray: subclassing a subclass looses custom attribute

Sebastian Haase seb.haase@gmail....
Fri Oct 1 04:26:33 CDT 2010

I'm trying to add a 'meta' attribute to ndarray to keep track of image
data filenames and resolution etc.
Following  the excellent document
this worked right away.

However, I had done this before for some specific image-file-types:
those would add there own attribute to ndarray array (e.g. arr.Mrc)
Now if I call the new  ndarray_meta on my ndarray_with_mrc I loose the
`Mrc` attribute, leaving only the new `meta` attribute.
My code is essentially a verbatim copy of

What can I do ?

Sebastian Haase