[Numpy-discussion] help from OS X 10.5 users wanted

Fri Oct 15 21:26:23 CDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Friedrich Romstedt <
friedrichromstedt@gmail.com> wrote:

> One more question: Do we support any external library in the official
> binaries?  I've heard the names MKL and BLAS, LAPACK, ... all stuff I
> don't know really tbh, but do we have to install them?
> No, OS X ships with the Accelerate framework (which contains BLAS and
LAPACK), that's all that's needed.

> On the http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/wiki/MakingReleases page,
> Cython is mentioned, I've seen no call to cython while compiling, it
> that correct?  (Cython is installed anyway)

Cython is not needed. The C sources generated from Cython code are checked
into the repo, so you only need Cython if you want to work on actual Cython
code. I'll clarify that in the doc.