[Numpy-discussion] Tesing of the numpy 1.5.1 dmgs

Fri Oct 15 22:06:10 CDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Friedrich Romstedt <
friedrichromstedt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I just poked around the newly created files, and here they are:
> The dmg:
> http://friedrichromstedt.org/numpy/Release/10-10-16/01-numpy-2.0.0.dev-py2.5-python.org.dmg
>  (just to be sure: PRELIMINARY)

Good progress, thanks for the hard work.

> The test file of the numpy 2.0.0 on the build machine:
> http://friedrichromstedt.org/numpy/Tests/Vincent-i386-Core2Duo/py2.5/Logs/10-10-15/test.log
> Test result file on another ppc PowerBook G4:
> http://friedrichromstedt.org/numpy/Tests/Rick-ppc-G4/py2.5/10-10-16/01-10.5-test.log
Those failures all look familiar, they will probably disappear if you build
the maintenance/1.5.x branch. All those "Warning: invalid value..." messages
should also disappear, if they are still there they should be filtered
before the release.

> Notice that both tests FAILED, but not very strongly.  The errors are
> different on both machines.
> Some things to note:
> 1)  The docs still say they are for 1.5.0rc1.  Might be my mistake,
> but I remember the docs being rebuilt completely when it made the dmg.

The doc build picks up the currently installed version, so I guess you did
not have the bootstrap virtualenv active (see my previous email).

> 2)  The installer has no customised background image.  (Intended?).
> The dmg anyway has very nice layout, it works.

The background image should be