[Numpy-discussion] C extension compiling question

Lou Pecora lou_boog2000@yahoo....
Fri Oct 29 09:48:17 CDT 2010

----- Original Message ----
From: Henry Gomersall <whg21@cam.ac.uk>
To: numpy-discussion <numpy-discussion@scipy.org>
Sent: Fri, October 29, 2010 9:11:41 AM
Subject: [Numpy-discussion] C extension compiling question

I'm trying to get a really simple toy example for a numpy extension
working (you may notice its based on the example in the numpy docs and
the python extension docs). The code is given below.

If you're trying to use numpy and standard pythons types, you might want to look
into ctypes which allows you to write C extensions that pass arrays in a much
easier way.  I was into writing "bare" C extensions from the ground up like you
when someone put me onto ctypes.  MUCH easier and cleaner and, as a result,
easier to debug.  I recommend it.
-- Lou Pecora, my views are my own.