[Numpy-discussion] Can't install numpy ... in Marc&Mentat (embedded Python)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun Sep 12 12:13:29 CDT 2010

Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:45:33 +0200, Felix Stödter wrote:
> unfortunately I can't install numpy. When I try to excecute the exe-file
> I get a message like "Pyhton 2.6 required". Pyhton is installed within
> another programme (Marc/Mentat). Can't he find it because of that? I
> know that it is possible to install numpy with this Python in
> Marc/Mentat. But how? Do you know what I can do about it?

I believe you should direct your question to MSC Software (whose product
Marc&Mentat is), or their user support group.

The point is that although installing Python modules is usually the same
(i.e., if you have a pre-compiled binary package you want to install
manually, copy the "numpy" folder to the correct folder, usually named
"site-packages"), for Python bundled with some software the details of
the installation may vary, and the best way to get good advice is to ask
the authors of the particular product.

Pauli Virtanen