[Numpy-discussion] Can we freeze the subversion repository and move to github this week?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Sep 13 19:38:09 CDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
>> What is the suggested work flow for the new repositories? Is the best
>> way to use a github fork and push and pull from that?
> Yes, I'd personally work like that. Easier to keep private stuff separate.

in case you find it useful, Matthew Brett wrote up a summary of the
'typical' git workflow in a way that should be easy to include in a
project's doc tree and rebuild it with URLs specific to that project,
for easy copy/paste.  It's his gitwash git repo:

here's an example of gitwash 'rendered' for the IPython urls:

It's a good start of a fairly common workflow pattern, and if various
projects find it useful and submit their fixes upstream, this pattern
will become more familiar and easier to follow reliably by end