[Numpy-discussion] Porting numpy to Python3

Algis Kabaila akabaila@pcug.org...
Thu Feb 24 21:44:07 CST 2011

On Friday 25 February 2011 14:22:04 Bruce Southey wrote:
> Python 3.1+ support occurred with numpy 1.5 that was released
> last year (2010-08-31)  - 1.5.1 is the current release.
> scipy 0.9 due very soon (release candidates are available at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/scipy/) also supports Python
> 3 except for weave module.
> Bruce

The link
responds with
"Whoops, we can't find that page".
I use Linux kubuntu 10.10 ("Maverick Meerkat") OS and installed
numpy with lapac from the ubuntu binaries.  As ubuntu 10.10 was
released on 2010-10-10 10:x the version on numpy is probably
earlier than 1.5, so presumably I have to either wait a couple
of months for the next ubuntu release or install from source.

Bruce, can you tell me how can I check the version of installed
numpy?  There probably is a __version__ or something like that
which would enable to verify.

Thanks for the answer - I unsuccessfully googled for the answer;
I also recall my much earlier enquiries when the replies did not
shed much light on the possible release date.

Your reply is very much appreciated - thank you!