[Numpy-discussion] Porting numpy to Python3

Algis Kabaila akabaila@pcug.org...
Fri Feb 25 16:12:47 CST 2011

On Saturday 26 February 2011 02:58:19 Bruce Southey wrote:
> On 02/25/2011 02:01 AM, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> I just build numpy and scipy from source so I do not know how
> you get Python 3 or which Ubuntu versions include recent
> numpy versions (there is a upcoming release that will
> probably contain a more recent numpy). It is very easy to
> install numpy and scipy from source on Linux although it is
> important that Blas/Lapack/Altas are built and installed
> correctly (I just use my distro's package).
> Please see the following link for more details:
> http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Linux
> There was also a recent post on the list as well.
> Bruce

Thank you for the information.  I had a look at the URL that you
gave (Actually, I had already seen it in my wanderings  on
internet.)   For me it is very important to hear from the users'
perspective how easy or hard the installation was.

Python 3 is readily available in most distros, certainly in
ubuntu, so that is not a problem.  In fact in ubuntu Python 2.6
happily coexists with Python 3.1 for one and the same user.

Thank you for your help - greatly appreciated.