[Numpy-discussion] missing data discussion round 2

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa....
Thu Jun 30 01:49:03 CDT 2011

On 6/27/11 9:53 AM, Charles R Harris wrote:
> Some discussion of disk storage might also help. I don't see how the
> rules can be enforced if two files are used, one for the mask and
> another for the data, but that may just be something we need to live with.

It seems it wouldn't be too big  deal to extend the *.npy format to
include the mask.

Could one memmap both the data array and the mask?

Netcdf (and assume hdf) have ways to support masks as well.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax