[Numpy-discussion] wanted: decent matplotlib alternative

John Hunter jdh2358@gmail....
Thu Oct 13 17:42:50 CDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Eric Firing <efiring@hawaii.edu> wrote:

>> It would be nice to have a social interface for the mpl gallery like the
>> one similar to the R-gallery
>> [http://www.r-bloggers.com/the-r-graph-gallery-goes-social/]
> I think that the priority should go towards massive pruning,
> organization, and cleanup of the gallery.  This would be a great project
> for a new contributor to mpl.

So as to not hijack poor Christoph's thread, who after all is looking
for mpl alternatives, and not to abuse numpy-discussion's bandwidth
with mpl issues, I have opened and issue on the github tracker as an
"open thread" to register gripes and suggestions for mpl doc and
gallery improvements, particularly as it regards API usage