[Numpy-discussion] 1.7.x release of NumPy

Thu Sep 15 00:56:03 CDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 5:32 AM, Travis Oliphant <teoliphant@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
> Has there been a discussion of a 1.7.x release of NumPy?     There are a
> few new features that should go into the 1.x release of NumPy, that don't
> require the ABI changes of 2.0.    I thought I had heard Mark talk in
> support of such a thing.

A little. I think our 6-month release cycle is working pretty well, which
means a 1.7.0 release around mid-November. There are definitely enough new
features for a solid release already, but I have the impression that it
wouldn't hurt for the missing data functionality to get exercised a bit

> What are the plans for the release of NumPy 2.0?
> Mark and others have been very good at maintaining ABI compatibility. At
the same time the numpy-refactor branch has dropped off the radar (any
news/plans?). So I'm wondering what would go into 2.0 that is ready now or