[Numpy-discussion] A 1.6.2 release?

Mon Apr 23 12:05:38 CDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Ralf Gommers <
> ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Charles R Harris <
>> charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Charles, did you have some practical way in mind to select these commits?
>> We could split it up by time range or by submodules for example. I'd prefer
>> the latter. You would be able to do a better job of the commits touching
>> numpy/core than I. How about you do that one and the polynomial module, and
>> I do the rest?
> I'll give it a shot. I thought the first thing I would try is a search on
> tickets. We'll also need to track things and I haven't thought of a good
> way to do that apart from making a list and checking things off. I don't
> think there was too much polynomial fixing, mostly new stuff, but I'd like
> to use the current documentation. I don't know how you manage that for
> releases.

Nothing too fancy - I use the open tickets for the milestone at
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/report/3, plus the checklist at
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/doc/HOWTO_RELEASE.rst.txt and
perhaps a small todo list in my inbox. Normally we only do bugfix releases
for specific reasons, so besides those I just scan through the list of
commits and pick only some relevant ones of which I'm sure that they won't
give any problems.

The fixed items under
probably give the best overview.