[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.7.0b1 release

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke@uci....
Tue Aug 21 14:59:02 CDT 2012

On 8/21/2012 9:24 AM, Ondřej Čertík wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first beta release of
> NumPy 1.7.0b1.
> Sources and binary installers can be found at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.7.0b1/
> Please test this release and report any issues on the numpy-discussion
> mailing list. The following problems are known and
> we'll work on fixing them before the final release:
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2187
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2185
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2066
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1588
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2076
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2101
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2108
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2150
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2189
> I would like to thank Ralf for a lot of help with creating binaries
> and other help for this release.
> Cheers,
> Ondrej

Hi Ondrej,

will numpy 1.7.0 final support Python 3.3? The recent patch in the
master branch seems to work well.

I tested a win-amd64-py2.7\msvc9\MKL build of the numpy
maintenance/1.7.x branch against a number of package binaries from

The test results are at
For comparison, the tests against numpy-MKL-1.6.2 are at

Besides some numpy 1.7.x test errors due to RuntimeWarning and
DeprecationWarning, there are hundreds of "RuntimeWarning (numpy.dtype
size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility)" when loading Cython

There are additional test failures in scipy, statsmodels, bottleneck,
skimage, vigra, and mahotas. I did not check in detail or with existing
tickets (http://projects.scipy.org/ is timing out or responding with
HTTP 500 status).

Other packages test OK against numpy 1.7.x, e.g. PIL, PyGame,
matplotlib, Pandas, tables, and numexpr.

Hope it helps.