[Numpy-discussion] NaN (Not a Number) occurs in calculation of complex number for Bessel functions

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri Dec 21 06:46:26 CST 2012

Happyman <bahtiyor_zohidov <at> mail.ru> writes:
> IF I GIVE ( it is necessary value for my program ):
> a , b = sph_jn ( 536 , 2513.2741228718346 + 201.0619298974676j )

The implementation of the spherical Bessel functions is through
this Fortran code:

It does not have asymptotic expansions for dealing with parts of
the complex plane where the computation via the recurrence does not

Pauli Virtanen