[Numpy-discussion] Python for Scientists - courses in Germany and US

Mike Müller mmueller@python-academy...
Fri Jan 13 04:32:45 CST 2012

Learn NumPy and Much More

Scientists like Python. If you would like to learn more about
important libraries for scientific applications, you might be
interested in these courses.

The course in Germany covers:

- Overview of libraries
- NumPy
- Data storage with text files, Excel, netCDF and HDF5
- matplotlib
- Object oriented programming for scientists
- Problem solving session

The course in the USA covers all this plus:

- Extending Python in other languages
- Version control
- Unit testing

More details below.

If you have any questions about the courses, please contact me.

Python for Scientists and Engineers (Germany)

A three-day course covering all the basic tools scientists and engineers need.
This course requires basic Python knowledge.