[Numpy-discussion] Remove current 1.7 branch?

Thu Jul 12 04:06:08 CDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:00 AM, Ralf Gommers

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Charles R Harris <
> charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Thouis (Ray) Jones <thouis@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> 1.7.x
>>> pain
>>> with
>>> I might be mistaken, but if the branch is merged into master (even if
>>> that merge makes no changes), I think it's safe to delete it at that
>>> point (and recreate it at a later date with the same name) with
>>> regards to remote repositories.  It should be fairly easy to test.
>> Looking at the log, the only commits I see are the release notes and a
>> backport of bento build fixes. I think it is safe to delete the branch.
> I think Ray is right, it needs to be merged back into master. If you just
> delete it you'll create an issue for people tracking the 1.7.x branch.
Hmmm, since everything is in master already what happens if we just reset
to the branch point, then merge (there were already conflicts with the
bento backport) <makes attempt> OK, that works, also reverting everything
in the branch and then merging works.