[Numpy-discussion] Good way to develop numpy as popular choice!

eat e.antero.tammi@gmail....
Thu Jun 21 13:33:59 CDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM, bob tnur <bobtnur78@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all numpy fun;)
> > This question is already posted in stackoverflow by some people, I am
> just
> > thinking that numpy python will do this with trick;) I guess numpy will
> be
> > every ones choice as its popularity increases. The question is herein:
> >
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10074270/how-can-i-find-the-minimum-number-of-lines-needed-to-cover-all-the-zeros-in-a-2
> My "numpy solution" for this is just
>  $ pip install munkres
munkres seems to be a pure python implementation ;-).

FWIIW, There exists pure python implementation(s) to outperform
munkresimplementation more than 200 times already with a 100x100
random cost
matrix, based on shortest path variant of the Hungarian algorithm (more
details of the algorithms can be found for example at

How the assignment algorithms are (typically) described, it actually may be
quite a tedious job to create more performance ones utilizing numpy arrays
instead of lists of lists.

My 2 cents,