[Numpy-discussion] Dropping support for Python 2.4 in NumPy 1.8

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Thu Jun 28 08:53:14 CDT 2012

Hi Travis,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Travis Oliphant <travis@continuum.io> wrote:
> Hey all,
> I'd like to propose dropping support for Python 2.4 in NumPy 1.8 (not the 1.7 release).      What does everyone think of that?

I think it would depend on 1.7 state. I am unwilling to drop support
for 2.4 in 1.8 unless we make 1.7 a LTS, that would be supported up to
2014 Q1 (when RHEL5 stops getting security fixes - RHEL 5 is the one
platform that warrants supporting 2.4 IMO)

In my mind, it means 1.7 needs to be stable. Ondrej (and others) work
to make sure we break neither API or ABI since a few releases would
help achieving that.