[Numpy-discussion] testing with amd libm/acml

Francesc Alted francesc@continuum...
Thu Nov 8 11:06:17 CST 2012

On 11/8/12 1:41 PM, Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
> On 11/07/2012 08:41 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
>> Would you expect numexpr without MKL to give a significant boost?
> If you need higher performance than what numexpr can give without using
> MKL, you could look at code such as this:
> https://github.com/herumi/fmath/blob/master/fmath.hpp#L480

Hey, that's cool.  I was a bit disappointed not finding this sort of
work in open space.  It seems that this lacks threading support, but
that should be easy to implement by using OpenMP directives.

Francesc Alted