[Numpy-discussion] Use OpenBLAS for the binary releases?

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker@noaa....
Wed Nov 21 11:39:48 CST 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 3:44 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is rather simple, in that it expects a different, full installer
> for each new combination. I would rather not complicate things too
> much there, as it is working well for its purpose and is not easy to
> modify. We would need something similar on Mac to make openblas a good
> replacement on that platform.

One would think this would be fairly simple on OS-X -- after all,
there is a pretty limited set of hardware (officially) supported by
OS-X. All Intel, and none of the ancient ones.

I'm assuming that the standard *.pkg installers allow some checking of
hardware versions...

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax