[Numpy-discussion] Simple question about scatter plot graph

Jonathan Hilmer jkhilmer@gmail....
Wed Oct 31 20:57:07 CDT 2012

Obviously there are some real patterns there, but when interpreting
low-resolution plots visually, be careful of Moire effects: view the
following image at multiple zoom levels as an example.

My own data is extremely deceptive when viewed on a computer monitor
at typical resolutions, and physical printouts or zoomed-in variants
show dramatically different patterns.